Switch from calendar year to financial year

Hi there,
Early this year we committed to SBT (commitment letter sent to SBT). I am now filling the excel to get the targets validated by SBT.

We defined the baseline for Scope 1, 2, and 3 in 2021 with a calendar year. And we currently publish ESG data in July each year in a sustainability report.

Our annual report is also based on calendar year and is published in February, so early in the year.

We want to publish ESG data with the annual report in an integrated report in the future, but I am not able to validate/certify scope 1, 2, 3 in less than 2 months to publish it in February. So we are looking for solutions to make it happen.

One solution would be to switch reporting period of the Scope 1, 2, 3 data from a calendar year to a period like July to August, which would then give enough time to review/certify the data before the annual report publishing period in February.
But this solution would require me to select a different period than the calendar period for future reporting.

My questions :
1/ is it possible to switch from calendar to financial year in the SBT process: before the validation of the targets ? and after the validation ?
2/ is possible to set a baseline and targets with a calendar year, and then at some point in time to switch to financial year in the reporting progress towards the targets?

Thank you

Vianney

Hi Vianney, thanks for reaching out. Is this for a financial institution or real-economy company?

real-economy company, machinery industry, 3000 employees

Please note that this Community Forum is meant for financial institutions-related discussions. You can reach out to info@sciencebasedtargets.org for more information and questions on non-financial sector companies.