SBTi guideline wording mismatching

Hello:

I was reading the criteria document in this link, https://sciencebasedtargets.org/resources/files/SBTi-criteria.pdf
And found some two colliding statements.

On page 12, the document says no increase on the absolute emissions or intensity in terms of meeting the target.

However, on page 3, it provides an update to criteria 18 in that while firms meet the 7% compounded emissions intensity reduction, they can still lead to absolute emissions increase.

My understanding is that when using an economic intensity measures for Scope 3 target setting, it is Ok to have absolute emissions increases for ICT companies or others in general but physical intensity method must cap the base year emissions fixed. Given these two statements, I was wondering if you could please clarify whether I have misunderstood something here or that the document has some typos/errors regarding this?

Thank you in advance and any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Andrew

Please note that this Community Forum is meant for financial institutions-related discussions. You can reach out to info@sciencebasedtargets.org for more information and questions on non-financial sector companies.