Water utility short-term reduction targerts

Good morning,
We want to implement a SBT in our company, both short term and long term (Net Zero). The fact is that some doubts have arisen. We are a company in the water sector and we have already been implementing a decarbonization plan for several years, validated by our institutions. The thing is that our current emissions are very low, especially for Scope 1 and Scope 2, and we have certain emissions associated with our activity that we cannot reduce much more. We have been using your tools to calculate the % reduction and with our base year and target year we come out that we have to reduce 46.2% in the 3 scopes for the short term objectives. We are in doubt whether this 46.2% has to be applied and reduced to each of the scopes separately, i.e. reduce scope 1 emissions by 46.2%, reduce scope 2 emissions by 46.2% and reduce scope 3 emissions by 46.2% or whether we could reduce the total amount of the sum of the 3 scopes by 46.2%. Because, as I have already said, it would not be possible to reduce by 46.2% the Scope 1 emissions by 2030, but it would be possible to reduce the total of the 3 scopes. Could we establish a joint SBT for the 3 scopes and set this target of 46.2% for the total of the 3 scopes?
For the long term targets no problem, we can commit to reduce 90% of our emissions by 2050, it is already planned in our decarbonization plan.
Because the other question would be, we cannot validate a long-term SBT without validating a short-term SBT, right?
And finally, I wanted to ask if you have any kind of consulting service to clarify these doubts in person or a list of consultants with whom we could contact?

Thank you very much,
Aina.

Dear Aina,

This Community Forum is meant for companies in the Financial Sector only and from your post I understand you are looking for resources for corporates. I doubt you will find the information you are looking for here.

Please refer to the Resources, FAQ sections of the website, or email info@sciencebasedtargets.org with your specific question.

The SBTi does not provide consulting services nor provides a consultants list.

Best regards,
Monica