Mandatory target review

Hello. I work for an organisation, where we need to go through a mandatory target review in 2025 (with our target being validated in 2020). I had a few questions about this process I was hoping to get some help with if possible please:
(1) With the target review/re-submissions, is it just a case of booking through the system in the same way as a first time submission?
(2) Does the target review just need to be completed by the end of the calendar year, or is there a more specific deadline we need to work out for ourselves?
(3) Based on available data and quality, we are strongly considering changing to an engagement target for Scope 3 cat. 1 Purchased Goods and Services. Assuming changing our target is possible, are there any additional considerations we need to make or is it just a case of preparing adequately and ensuring the new target is validated?

Hopefully this is the right forum to ask! Thank you in advance for your help.

Jake

Hi Jake, is your organization a financial institution or non-financial company?

Hi Howard, thanks for your response. Non-financial, apologies for leaving that out. I’m not sure if I’m posting in the right forum as the questions seem to be mainly FI-focused! Thanks again, Jake

Please note that this Community Forum is meant for financial institutions-related discussions. You can reach out to info@sciencebasedtargets.org for non-financial company questions.