SBTs for debt purchase and collection company

Dear Community,

A purely debt purchase company has more than 70% of unsecured personal loans in its balance sheet.


  1. Do SBTs exist for this type of companies? My understanding is no based on the FI SBTi guidance.
  2. For the rest 30% which are secured loans like real estate and motor vehicle is it possible to achieve SBTi accreditation?
  3. Would developing an own methodology for the 70% unsecured personal loans for GHG accounting and using PCAF for the other 30% where methodology exist, would be valid to set a SBT?

Thank you in advance.