Corporate Real Estate Loans - Non Bank Fi

If a commercial real estate loan is financed by a non bank financial institution, does this fall under the Private Debt category?

1 Like

Per the latest response to Asset class definitions - Corporate Loan, Private equity & debt & VC and Project finance, yes this would fall under private debt.

Regarding the answer of Katie’s question, I would like you to confirm one more additional question.
Project finance to real estate by non bank FI also fall under prvate debt?
(As my understanding of asset class definition of the latest guidance and your attached link, other project finance (e.g. infrastracture) treated as optional, and corporate loan for real estate by non bank treated as private debt)

For an non bank Finance Institution (financial services and asset management company) please can I confirm that commercial real estate loans would fall within private debt?

I can see the confirmation in the above posts but have also seen more recent posts which could possibly contradict this Asset class definitions - Corporate Loan, Private equity & debt & VC and Project finance

1 Like

Table 5.2 of the Near-Term Financial Sector SBT Guidance, which provides minimum coverage requirements, has been updated in the draft Version 2 with more granular specifications for each asset class.

The proposed changes are up for public consultation so we welcome your feedback/questions on this document, and two other new documents, through the survey by Aug 14.